“The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is life, by artificial means and hold it fixed, so that one hundred years later, when a stranger looks at it, it moves again, since it is life.”
- William Faulkner
FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS
Your story deserves to be told in a way that is sensitive, artful, and effortlessly elegant, resulting in images whose emotional impact will only improve over time. Drawing on her background in Renaissance & Baroque painting, Melani sees your day through a lens of compositional integrity, emotive lighting, and honesty, to produce truly unique images. Melani brings her calming presence and passion to the wedding day, capturing beautifully lit moments others may overlook, and putting everyone at ease, so that your entire experience is refined, enjoyable and relaxed.
"My style is clean & glamorous, with an emphasis on candid expression. I want the photographs to capture the energy of the moment."
· Photographed over 275 weddings since 2007.
· Grew up in San Diego and moved to New York to study dance at Alvin Ailey.
· Photographed a 3 day wedding in India, on slide film, per the bride's request.
· Studied, & visited, every Gothic cathedral in France.
· Delivered a $10 million Mondrian painting from Sotheby's to a Park Ave. client. On foot.
· Needs two cappuccinos to start the day.
· Photo exhibition in Cuba was recognized by President Obama.
· Speaks French and Spanish “almost” fluently.
· Obsessed with tennis—playing and watching.
· Sees each wedding as the first chapter in an extraordinary book.